I have been blogging regularly, but not here. In my Knittipina blog, where I write about what’s on the needles, what I’m gunning for in terms of skill, and about the lovely frenzied-veering-into-zen mood that knitting brings on.
Ok, that description sounds strange to non-knitters. For my airsoft friends, try replacing the word “gun” with “needles”. For my computer geek friends, try replacing “lappie” with “needles”. For my SFF & RPG friends, try replacing “book” or “movie” or “rpg” with “needles”. For my diver & photographer friends, try replacing “equipment” with… uh, “equipment”. We can talk specs and rules till the cows come home. And amount of investments. And war stories.
I seem to have spent a small fortune on my German Addi Turbo needles (in different sizes! with duplicates! the fastest knit evah!), winder, counters, markers, not to mention yarns. I am not the only one afflicted. It is dire, I tell you. My sister the Kaizenmom dragged me out of our local yarn store (Dreams in Glorietta 2) having bought an insane amount of yarn for making crocheted baby blankets, saying, “I know I just received my order from eBay, but I couldn’t stop myself! Pretty soon I may need some intervention…” Her husband thinks that all the yarn in her stash could make them an extra bed. Hehehe. Some of her stash is under MY bed.
Knitting is crack, and in the immortal words of Amy Winehouse, I don’t wanna go to rehab, baby.
1. Babydoll blouse for my niece
2. Diaper panty, free internet pattern from Australia, practice item
3. Horseshoe lace scarf, wool for Joy
4. Horseshoe lace scarf, cotton
5. Assorted granny squares for a cotton picnic blanket
On the needles:
1. 3.0mm – Baby socks, lesson sock 1.
2. 2.0mm – Adult socks, free internet pattern, attempt #3 (I ripped out the first two)
3. 2.0mm – Lace scarf-belt in gunmetal (I plan to add discreet beads and a fringe)
4. 4.5mm – Cable scarf for my dad
5. 2.5mm – Toddler tennis dress for my niece
6. 3.25mm – Toddler cardigan with hood for my niece
Upcoming projects: (not in any order)
1. Orange and aqua bikini
2. Coral cotton bikini
3. Cami top, practice item
4. Socks or car blanket – guy stuff
5. Various thank-you projects
Skills am polishing:
1. Cable stitching
2. Lace stitching
3. Following diagram charts from a pattern
Knitting is crack, I tell you. Gotta go. I’m capable of knitting straight through the CSI Sunday marathon and beyond.