I finished these 2×2 cable socks some time after I finished Mimi’s cappuccino socks. Well… I started them before Christmas, laid them down, misplaced them, found them again and finished them in January when I was having my thyroid woes. Nothing like keeping your hands busy to get your mind off things.
The cast-on is 64 sts, and I used Monaco crochet cotton with a US size 1 (2.25mm) pair of bamboo needles 40″ long. My cable needle – badaboom! – is a bamboo toothpick 2.25mm in diameter. Very very nifty to use a bamboo toothpick, the stitches don’t fall off as the surface of the bamboo holds the stitches well. Great for small-diameter portable projects. It follows the standard sock pattern, only I realized (quickly enough in the middle of knitting the first sock) my design error.
You may notice that the last cable columns on either edge of the sock front sort of blend into the stockinette of the underside. I was trying for symmetry, so to fit the cast-on, I inadvertently left the P2 column out. Next time I shall try for:
P1, cable, P2, K2, P2, cable, P2, K2, P2, cable, P2, K2, P2, cable, P1 = 32 (front)
Yes, it’s very pretty with clogs and certain sandals.